But we still need our protein, so I’ve been trying to do this in a vegetarian way. It is easier on the budget and we already eat a lot of meat.
This salad, with quinoa, eggs, and soy beans really packs in the protein. I also like the different colors, red radishes, greens, multicolored quinoa, carrots, feta cheese, I also added red beets, but corn or broccoli would be beautiful here.
Combine the following ingredients, toss and serve:
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 4 oz frozen edamame boiled for 5 minutes and shelled
- 1 cup multicolored quinoa boiled for 10 minutes with a prince of salt
- Greens, lettuce, as much as you please
- 4 radishes sliced paper thin
- 1 carrot sliced thin or julienne style
- 2 small beets previously cooked and peeled (canned ones also work)
Dress with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Serves 4.