Planning a healthy weekly menu with variety for the whole family is simple.
- Set out your number of meals: Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner for example.
- Enter the lunch into your menu from the kids’ school, they usually provide it monthly, or enter what you will pack.
- Add in breakfasts that are varied, no breakfast repeated more than twice a week.
- Add in dinners, taking care that each dinner has a protein, a fat and a carb and desert.
- Add in snacks
- Check to make sure foods are not repeated during the day. If yogurt is for breakfast than snacks should be something different.
- If you are keeping carbs low, as we do, check to make sure that the same foods are not repeated throughout the day.
- Write the menu on a white-board, or print the menu, hang it in the kitchen and do your shopping.